Home > Varnish >
Pettit Captain's Varnish
Captain’s Varnish 1015 is highly regarded for its ease of application, outstanding gloss retention and tough yet flexible durability. A combination of phenolic and alkyd resins blended with tung and linseed oils provide excellent performance. It’s warm, light amber hue will enhance the rich, classic bright work appearance.
- Recommended Usage: Exterior or interior, above water
- Formulation: Traditional alkyd, 48% solids
- Additives: UV inhibitors
- Application Method(s): Brush or spray
- Drying Time: To touch: 2 hrs.; overcoat: 12 hrs.
- Number of Coats Recommended: Previously varnished: 2 coats; bare wood: 4 or more coats
- Color: Clear amber
- Finish: Gloss
- Coverage: Brush: 68 sq.ft/pt, 137 sq.ft/qt, 550 sq.ft/gal; spray: 55 sq.ft/pt, 110 sq.ft/qt, 440 sq.ft/gal.
- Thinner: 120