Home > Paints, Thinners, & Additives > Primers & Undercoats >
AwlGrip 545 Epoxy Primer D1001
545 Epoxy Primer
Awlgrip 545 is a two component epoxy primer with corrosion and adhesion properties for steel, aluminum, wood, and fiberglass substrates. Use 545 to seal filler primers, and fairing work before applying topcoats. May be applied by spray, brush, or roller above or below the waterline.
545 epoxy primer is available in Gray or White. (Awlgrip D8001, D3001 and D1001 primers).
For Fiberglass: Awlgrip 545 Epoxy Primer-Base mixed 1:1 by volume with D3001. Spray reduced 15-25% with T0006. Brush reduced 0-20% with T0031. 2-3 mils (50-75 microns) dry film thickness/2 coats.
Coverage: 298 Sq. Feet at one mil dry, 198-496 Sq. Feet at recommended dry film thickness. Coverage calculated for mixed base and converter, reduced 50%. Coverage calculations are based on theoretical transfer efficiency of 100%. Actual coverage rate obtained will vary according to equipment choice, application techniques, part size, and application.
- Recommended Wet Film Thickness: 7-10 mils (175-250 microns)
- Recommended Dry Film Thickness: 2-3 mils (50-75 microns)
- Recoatability: At 77F/50% R.H. minimum 2-4 hours. Maximum without sanding is 24 hours.
- Plan your work schedule to eliminate having to sand 30-Y-94TM.
- May be overcoated with AWLGRIP/AWLCRAFT 2000 Topcoats, 545 Epoxy Primer, High Build Epoxy Primer, AWL-QUIK Sanding Surfacer, and ULTRA-BUILD Epoxy Primer.
- VOC: White Base 435 g/lt or 3.6 lbs/gal. Gray Base 426 g/lt or 3.6 lbs/gal. Converter 616 g/lt or 5.1 lbs/gal.
- Type: Epoxy Polyamide
- Packaging: 1 Gallon or 1 Quart containers.
*** FOR PROFESSIONAL USE ONLY **